Jump to Main Content
- Knüsel, Mara A.; Lee, Derek E.; König, Barbara; Bond, Monica L.
- Animal behaviour 2019 v.149 pp. 143-151
- Giraffa camelopardalis; adults; animal behavior; data collection; females; home range; humans; land use; males; models; pastoralism; rain; regression analysis; towns; wildlife; Tanzania
- ... Abiotic, biotic and human influences are factors that can affect animal home ranges. We calculated home range sizes of adult giraffes in the Tarangire-Manyara region of northern Tanzania (N = 132 giraffes with data collected over 6 years), and investigated correlations between home range sizes and environmental and anthropogenic factors (for a subset of N = 71 giraffes). We used a 95% kernel utili ...
- Boualit, Laurent; Pichenot, Julian; Besnard, Aurélien; Helder, Rémi; Joly, Pierre; Cayuela, Hugo
- Animal behaviour 2019 v.149 pp. 107-120
- breeding; data collection; ecological succession; environmental factors; evolution; habitat destruction; immigration; interspecific competition; models; predation; probability; reproductive success; toads
- ... Dispersal is a central mechanism in ecology and evolution. Dispersal evolution is driven by a trade-off between costs and benefits, which is influenced by interindividual variability and local environmental conditions (context-dependent dispersal). Many studies have investigated how dispersal decisions may be influenced by environmental factors, including density, predation and interspecific compe ...