Jump to Main Content
- Boualit, Laurent; Pichenot, Julian; Besnard, Aurélien; Helder, Rémi; Joly, Pierre; Cayuela, Hugo
- Animal behaviour 2019 v.149 pp. 107-120
- breeding; data collection; ecological succession; environmental factors; evolution; habitat destruction; immigration; interspecific competition; models; predation; probability; reproductive success; toads
- ... Dispersal is a central mechanism in ecology and evolution. Dispersal evolution is driven by a trade-off between costs and benefits, which is influenced by interindividual variability and local environmental conditions (context-dependent dispersal). Many studies have investigated how dispersal decisions may be influenced by environmental factors, including density, predation and interspecific compe ...
- Chambon, Rémi; Gélinaud, Guillaume; Paillisson, Jean-Marc; Lemesle, Jean-Christophe; Ysnel, Frédéric; Dugravot, Sébastien
- Animal behaviour 2019 v.149 pp. 23-32
- age; animal behavior; environmental factors; habitats; migratory birds; models; winter; wintering grounds
- ... In facultative partial migration, flexibility of wintering behaviour throughout the bird's lifetime (i.e. switching between migrant and resident tactics and vice versa) may be considered an advantage because it allows individuals to cope with environmental conditions. Quantifying the extent of flexibility of wintering behaviour and identifying the related factors (environmental and individual vari ...