Jump to Main Content
- Casasa, Sofia; Moczek, Armin P.
- Animal behaviour 2018 v.137 pp. 53-61
- Onthophagus taurus; adults; animal behavior; dung beetles; evolution; life history; phenotype; phenotypic plasticity; plasticity; population density
- ... Plasticity's role in shaping phenotypic diversification continues to receive considerable attention. One especially debated issue concerns the significance of genetic accommodation in diversification, and the proposed role of ancestrally plastic responses in facilitating or biasing subsequent genetically canalized differentiation among taxa. Here, we investigated whether pre-existing plasticity in ...
- Pritchard, David J.; Hurly, T. Andrew; Healy, Susan D.
- Animal behaviour 2018 v.137 pp. 83-94
- Formicidae; animal behavior; flowers; hummingbirds; insects
- ... One outcome of the extensive work on the ways that birds and insects use visual landmarks to return to a rewarded location is that they use landmarks differently. But this conclusion may have been reached because the almost exclusive training and testing of birds in small laboratory environments may prevent birds from using the view-matching strategies seen in insects. To test how birds use landma ...