Jump to Main Content
- Ruiz-Lambides, Angelina V.; Weiß, Brigitte M.; Kulik, Lars; Widdig, Anja
- Animal behaviour 2018 v.140 pp. 119-127
- Macaca mulatta; animal behavior; breeding season; females; males; mating behavior; parents; paternity; probability; progeny; reproductive success; Puerto Rico; United States
- ... Extragroup paternity (EGP) is found across a wide range of species and may entail reproductive benefits, but may also entail costs to both sexes. While population and group parameters affecting the degree of EGPs are relatively well established, less is known about the individual characteristics that make males and females engage in alternative reproductive tactics such as EGP. Applying a combinat ...
- Maskrey, Daniel K.; White, Stephen J.; Wilson, Alastair J.; Houslay, Thomas M.
- Animal behaviour 2018 v.140 pp. 187-197
- Palaemon; animal behavior; field experimentation; multivariate analysis; personality; risk; shrimp
- ... Animal ‘personality’, the phenomenon of consistent individual differences in behaviour within populations, has been documented widely, yet its functional significance and the reasons for its persistence remain unclear. One possibility is that among-individual behavioural variation is linked to fitness-determining traits via effects on resource acquisition. In this study, we tested this idea, using ...