Jump to Main Content
- McGrath, A.L.; Lorenzen, K.
- Animal conservation 2010 v.13 no.5 pp. 483-494
- linear models; conservation status; Epidalea calamita; climate change; rain; coasts; climatic factors; population dynamics; toads; United Kingdom; Irish Sea
- ... Along with other amphibian populations in Europe and elsewhere, natterjack toad Bufo calamita populations in Britain have declined since at least 1960. Conservation management since the 1970s has aimed to halt the decline and maintain viable populations at key sites throughout the species' recent historical range. Here, we assess population trends from 1985 to 2006 at 20 British B. calamita sites ...
- Hof, A.R.; Bright, P.W.
- Animal conservation 2010 v.13 no.5 pp. 467-473
- Erinaceidae; adverse effects; agricultural land; badgers; biodiversity; death; edge effects; farms; food availability; habitat fragmentation; habitats; intensive farming; landscapes; macroinvertebrates; nesting sites; predation; risk; viability; United Kingdom
- ... Agri-environment schemes have been introduced in countries throughout the world in an attempt to reverse the negative impacts of agricultural intensification on biodiversity and the environment. There have been some investigations into the effectiveness of such schemes, which show mixed outcomes but little is known with regard to mammals. The hedgehog is a generalist predator and preys on, among o ...