Jump to Main Content
- Schulin-Zeuthen, M.; Kebreab, E.; Dijkstra, J.; Lopez, S.; Bannink, A.; Darmani Kuhi, H.; Thornley, J.H.M.; France, J.
- Animal feed science and technology 2008 v.143 no.1-4 pp. 314-327
- mathematical models; swine; animal growth; prediction; body weight; equations
- ... This study was undertaken to introduce the Schumacher equation and compare it with established functions for describing growth in pigs. The relationship between live weight (LW) and cumulative feed intake was also investigated. A database was constructed from three independent trials in which LW, age and intake were measured from birth to 937 days. Three growth functions were used for analysis of ...
- Jouven, M.; Agabriel, J.; Baumont, R.
- Animal feed science and technology 2008 v.143 no.1-4 pp. 256-279
- mathematical models; ruminant nutrition; prediction; seasonal variation; nutrient intake; milk production; suckling; cows; calves; cow feeding; calf feeding; body condition; body weight; energy balance
- ... To investigate the dynamics of animal intake and production in grassland-based suckler systems, we constructed a model for suckling cows with their calves. The model calculates on a day-to-day basis the selective intake at pasture and the animal production (weight, condition, milk production) in response to energy intake. The model dynamically applies the feed evaluation systems developed by the I ...