Jump to Main Content
- Tylutki, T.P.; Fox, D.G.; Durbal, V.M.; Tedeschi, L.O.; Russell, J.B.; Van Amburgh, M.E.; Overton, T.R.; Chase, L.E.; Pell, A.N.
- Animal feed science and technology 2008 v.143 no.1-4 pp. 174
- mathematical models; ruminant nutrition; dietary carbohydrate; dietary protein; prediction; cattle feeding; dairy cattle; nutrient requirements; accuracy; rumen; model validation
- ... The Cornell Net Carbohydrate and Protein System (CNCPS) predicts cattle requirements and nutrient supply for site-specific situations. This paper describes the CNCPS version 6 (CNCPSv6), which represents a re-engineering and updating of CNCPS version 5 with the following objectives: (1) improve the organization of the model and user interface to improve speed and accuracy in formulating diets for ...
- Detmann, E.; Valadares Filho, S.C.; Pina, D.S.; Henriques, L.T.; Paulino, M.F.; Magalhães, K.A.; Silva, P.A.; Chizzotti, M.L.
- Animal feed science and technology 2008 v.143 no.1-4 pp. 127-147
- mathematical models; ruminant nutrition; dietary fiber; cattle feeding; cattle; tropics; neutral detergent fiber; crude protein; tropical agriculture; feed composition; digestibility; metabolizable energy; prediction
- ... Determination of the energetic contribution of different chemical components of cattle diets based on the content of total digestible nutrients (TDN) has been suggested by several authors and was adopted by the NRC [National Research Council (NRC), 2001. Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle, seventh ed. Academic Press, Washington]. The main objective of that proposal is to overcome the high costs ...