Jump to Main Content
- Hervas, Gonzalo; Frutos, Pilar; Javier Giráldez, F.; Mantecon, Angel R.; Alvarez del Pino, Maria C.
- Animal feed science and technology 2003 v.109 no.1-4 pp. 65-78
- fermentation; rumen fermentation, etc ; Erica arborea; Merino; acid detergent fiber; adverse effects; alfalfa hay; ammonium nitrogen; bags; barley straw; cannulas; crude protein; ewes; fatty acid composition; gas production (biological); neutral detergent fiber; nylon; pH; proanthocyanidins; rumen; rumen microorganisms; tannins; toxicity; volatile fatty acids; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Sixteen Merino ewes, fitted with ruminal cannulae, were divided into four groups of four, with the aim of studying effects of different doses of quebracho tannins on rumen fermentation in sheep. Zero (control, Q0), 0.5 (Q1), 1.5 (Q2) and 3.0 g (Q3) of quebracho tannins extract (containing 76% condensed tannins (CTs)) per kg LW per day (equivalent to 0, 28, 83 and 166 g/kg DM (dry matter) feed, res ...
- Arelovich, H.M.; Arzadún, M.J.; Laborde, H.E.; Vasquez, M.G.
- Animal feed science and technology 2003 v.105 no.1-4 pp. 29-42
- rumen fermentation, etc ; Angus; alfalfa hay; average daily gain; beef cattle; blood; blood composition; calcium; corn; corn gluten meal; crude protein; energy; forage; grazing; heifers; magnesium; mineral content; oats; pH; pastures; protein concentrates; protein supplements; rumen; sodium; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The objective was to evaluate the effect of supplementing with energy and energy–escape protein concentrates or hay, on animal productivity, rumen and blood parameters of cattle grazing oats pasture (OP). Two experiments (Exp 1 and Exp 2) were conducted in two consecutive years, with Aberdeen Angus heifers grazing continuously OP. In Exp 1, 24 heifers (204 kg initial-weight) were grazing 55 days. ...