Jump to Main Content
- Larbi, A.; El-Moneim, A.M.A.; Nakkoul, H.; Jammal, B.; Hassan, S.
- Animal feed science and technology 2010 v.161 no.1-2 pp. 19-27
- Lathyrus cicera, etc ; forage legumes; forage evaluation; forage production; plant growth; flowering; pods; harvest date; forage quality; cultivars; chemical composition; crude protein; neurotoxins; yields; hay; straw; feed grains; strain differences; Syria; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Variations in days to first flowering and pod maturity, as well as yields of hay, grain and straw and hay and straw concentrations of crude protein (CP), acid detergent fibre (ADFom), neutral detergent fibre (aNDFom), and in vitro organic matter (OM) digestibility (IVOMD), and grain CP and β-N-oxalyl diamino propionic acid (β-ODAP) among 25 dwarf chickling (Lathyrus cicera L.) accessions grown ove ...
- Mullan, B.P.; Pluske, J.R.; Trezona, M.; Harris, D.J.; Allen, J.G.; Siddique, K.H.M.; Hanbury, C.D.; van Barneveld, R.J.; Kim, J.C.
- Animal feed science and technology 2009 v.150 no.1-2 pp. 139-143
- Lathyrus cicera, etc ; swine; forage legumes; cultivars; forage evaluation; feed quality; nutritive value; nutrient content; swine feeding; amino acid composition; lysine; threonine; methionine; digestibility; ileum; amino acids; antinutritional factors; natural toxicants; neurotoxins; propionic acid; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Lathyrus cicera is a grain legume that is well adapted to grow in low rainfall regions. However, it contains a neurotoxin, 3-(-N-oxalyl)-l-2,3-diaminopropionic acid (ODAP), which can cause paralysis of the lower limbs, known as “lathyrism”. An experiment was conducted to measure the nutrient content and ileal digestible amino acid content of a recently-released low ODAP Lathyrus variety chalus. Ch ...