Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, S., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Animal genetics 2016 v.47 no.1 pp. 49-61
- adaptive immunity; apoptosis; blood; chemokines; cytotoxicity; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; innate immunity; lymphocyte count; signal transduction; swine; transcriptome; transcriptomics
- ... Lymphocyte count is an important phenotypic metric that has been reported to be related to the individual antiviral capacity of pigs and other mammals. To date, aside from information regarding several genes and pathways, little is known about the mechanism by which gene expression affects variation in lymphocyte count. In this work, we investigated the lymphocyte count variation after poly I:C st ...
- Zhao, S. G., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Animal genetics 2016 v.47 no.6 pp. 691-697
- Duroc; Large White; alleles; diarrhea; exons; genetic variation; genotype; landraces; leukocytes; loci; piglets; pork industry; sequence deletion; single nucleotide polymorphism; statistical analysis; suckling
- ... Piglet diarrhea is one of the most common factors that affects the benefits of the swine industry. Although recent studies have shown that exon 2 of SLA‐DQA is associated with piglet resistance to diarrhea, contributions of genetic variation in the additional exon coding regions of this gene remain unclear. Here, we investigated variation in exons 1, 3 and 4 of the SLA‐DQA gene and evaluated their ...