Jump to Main Content
- Strucken, E. M.; Gudex, B.; Ferdosi, M. H.; Lee, H. K.; Song, K. D.; Gibson, J. P.; Kelly, M.; Piper, E. K.; Porto‐Neto, L. R.; Lee, S. H.; Gondro, C.
- Animal genetics 2014 v.45 no.4 pp. 572-575
- Wagyu, etc ; animal genetics; cattle; herds; parentage; single nucleotide polymorphism; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... The International Society for Animal Genetics (ISAG) proposed a panel of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) for parentage testing in cattle (a core panel of 100 SNPs and an additional list of 100 SNPs). However, markers specific to East Asian taurine cattle breeds were not included, and no information is available as to whether the ISAG panel performs adequately for these breeds. We tested ISA ...
- Sasaki, Shinji; Ibi, Takayuki; Ikeda, Shogo; Sugimoto, Yoshikazu
- Animal genetics 2014 v.45 no.2 pp. 285-287
- Wagyu, etc ; calving; cattle; chromosomes; genetic variance; linkage disequilibrium; quantitative trait loci; reproductive performance; single nucleotide polymorphism; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Age at first calving (AFC) is an important trait for achieving earlier reproductive performance in cattle. To identify quantitative trait loci for AFC in Japanese Black cattle, we conducted a genome‐wide association study using 866 animals with extreme AFC values selected from a larger group of 52 009 animals. We identified single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on bovine chromosome 2 that were as ...