Jump to Main Content
- Setoguchi, K.; Watanabe, T.; Weikard, R.; Albrecht, E.; Kühn, C.; Kinoshita, A.; Sugimoto, Y.; Takasuga, A.
- Animal genetics 2011 v.42 no.6 pp. 650-655
- Wagyu, etc ; Charolais; Holstein; adolescence; bulls; carcass weight; genes; humans; loci; puberty; quantitative trait loci; single nucleotide polymorphism; steers; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Recently, we had located a bovine carcass weight QTL, CW‐2, to a 591‐kb interval on BTA6 and have identified the SNP c.1326T>G in the NCAPG (non‐SMC condensin I complex, subunit G) gene that leads to the amino acid change p.Ile442Met in the NCAPG protein, which is a candidate causative variation. Here, we examined the association of the NCAPG:c.1326T>G locus with linear skeletal measurements of gr ...
- Uemoto, Y.; Abe, T.; Tameoka, N.; Hasebe, H.; Inoue, K.; Nakajima, H.; Shoji, N.; Kobayashi, M.; Kobayashi, E.
- Animal genetics 2011 v.42 no.2 pp. 141-148
- Wagyu, etc ; cattle; fatty acid composition; fatty-acid synthase; genes; genotyping; intramuscular fat; loci; meat quality; models; muscles; oleic acid; phenotype; single nucleotide polymorphism; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Fatty acid composition, especially oleic acid (C18:1), plays an important role in the eating quality of meat in Japanese Black cattle. Therefore, the objective of this study was to identify loci associated with C18:1 in the intramuscular fat of the trapezius muscles in Japanese Black cattle using the Illumina BovineSNP50 BeadChip whole genome single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) assay. We also eva ...