Jump to Main Content
- van de Goor, L.H.P.; Panneman, H.; van Haeringen, W.A.
- Animal genetics 2010 v.41 no.2 pp. 122-127
- DNA; DNA fingerprinting; alleles; forensic sciences; genotyping; homozygosity; horses; loci; sequence analysis
- ... In this study, a proposal is presented for the allele nomenclature of 17 polymorphic STR loci (AHT4, AHT5, ASB2, ASB17, ASB23, CA425, HMS1, HMS2, HMS3, HMS6, HMS7, HTG4, HTG6, HTG7, HTG10, LEX3 and VHL20) for equine genotyping (Equus caballus). The nomenclature is based on sequence data of the polymorphic region of the STR loci as recommended by the DNA commission of the International Society for ...
- Lin, L.; Flisikowski, K.; Schwarzenbacher, H.; Scharfe, M.; Severitt, S.; Blöcker, H.; Fries, R.
- Animal genetics 2010 v.41 no.2 pp. 203-207
- muscle development; haplotypes; glucose; German Landrace; genotyping; homeostasis; introns; radiation hybrid mapping; sequence analysis; energy; protein subunits; muscles; lipid metabolism; exons; single nucleotide polymorphism; swine; AMP-activated protein kinase; protein synthesis; bacterial artificial chromosomes; amino acid substitution
- ... AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK), known as a key regulator of cellular energy homeostasis, plays an important role in regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism, and protein synthesis in mammals. The characterization of porcine PRKAA2 encoding the alpha 2 catalytic subunit of AMPK is reported in this study. PRKAA2 was assigned to porcine chromosome 6q by analysis of radiation hybrids (IMpRH pan ...