Jump to Main Content
- Steibel, J.P.; Wysocki, M.; Lunney, J.K.; Ramos, A.M.; Hu, Z.-L.; Rothschild, M.F.; Ernst, C.W.
- Animal genetics 2009 v.40 no.6 pp. 883
- uterus, etc ; swine; oligonucleotides; microarray technology; gene expression; messenger RNA; animal proteins; liver; brain; endothelium; skeletal muscle; longissimus dorsi; polymerase chain reaction; antisense RNA; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The specificity and utility of the swine protein-annotated oligonucleotide microarray, or Pigoligoarray ( http://www.pigoligoarray.org), has been evaluated by profiling the expression of transcripts from four porcine tissues. Tools for comparative analyses of expression on the Pigoligoarray were developed including HGNC identities and comparative mapping alignments with human orthologs. Hybridizat ...
- Vallet, J.L.; Freking, B.A.; Leymaster, K.A.; Christenson, R.K.
- Animal genetics 2005 v.36 no.2 pp. 97
- uterus, etc ; gilts; food animals; erythropoietin; receptors; genes; alleles; genetic variation; volume; litter size; single nucleotide polymorphism; introns; genotype; nucleotide sequences; ovulation; corpus luteum; fetus; placenta; hematocrit; heterozygosity; homozygosity; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... A single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP; C vs. T) that creates an extra GATA-1 site (T allele) in intron 4 of the swine erythropoietin receptor (EPOR) gene was discovered and a genotyping assay for this SNP was developed. A total of 402 gilts from lines selected either at random (control), for ovulation rate (OR) or for uterine capacity (UC) for 11 generations were unilaterally hysterectomized-ovari ...