Jump to Main Content
- Auldist, M. J.; Wright, M. M.; Marett, L. C.; Jacobs, J. L.; Wales, W. J.
- Animal production science 2017 v.57 no.7 pp. 1305-1310
- Holstein; Lolium; alfalfa hay; canola meal; corn; dairy cows; dairy protein; farmers; grazing; lactation; milk; milk fat; milk production; pastures; spring; wheat
- ... Milk production was measured in Holstein–Friesian cows offered low, medium or high allowances of ryegrass pasture (15, 25 or 40 kg DM/cow.day to ground level) and receiving different amounts of supplement (6, 10, 12 or 14 kg DM/cow.day) as a partial mixed ration (PMR). The 27-day experiment was conducted in spring when cows were 45 ± 17.3 days in milk (mean ± s.d.). Two groups of six cows received ...
- Dela Rue, B. T.; Eastwood, C. R.
- Animal production science 2017 v.57 no.7 pp. 1543-1549
- consultants; cost effectiveness; cows; dairy farming; farmers; farming systems; feeds; grazing; herds; interviews; lactation; milk production; models; pastures; professionals; surveys; uncertainty; New Zealand
- ... Approximately one-third of New Zealand dairy farms have in-shed feeding systems, and quarter of these systems have individual-cow feeding capability. There is little information about the factors motivating farmers to install individualised feeding technology in New Zealand and their management practices. A survey was conducted of 42 farmers using individualised feeding, followed by interviews of ...