Jump to Main Content
- Campos, G. S.; Reimann, F. A.; Schimdt, P. I.; Cardoso, L. L.; Sollero, B. P.; Braccini, J.; Yokoo, M. J.; Boligon, A. A.; Cardoso, F. F.
- Animal production science 2019 v.59 no.4 pp. 619-627
- threshold models, etc ; Hereford; animal models; breeding value; cattle; early development; genetic merit; heritability; linear models; phenotype; regression analysis; sires; yearlings; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Data from 127539 Hereford and Braford cattle were used to compare estimates of genetic parameters for navel, conformation, precocity, muscling and size visual scores at yearling, using linear and threshold animal models. In a second step, these models were cross-validated using a multinomial logistic regression in order to quantify the association between phenotype and genetic merit for each trait ...
- Chegini, Arash; Hossein-Zadeh, Navid Ghavi; Hosseini-Moghadam, Seyed Hossein; Shadparvar, Abdol Ahad
- Animal production science 2019 v.59 no.6 pp. 1031-1038
- threshold models, etc ; Holstein; animal models; animal welfare; breeding programs; calving; cows; dairy herds; genetic correlation; genetic variation; heritability; lactation; linear models; mastitis; milk fat; milk yield; sires; somatic cell count; somatic cells; udders; variance; Iran; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The objective of this study was to estimate genetic parameters including repeatability, heritability as well as genetic and environmental relationships between 305-day milk yield, milk fat and protein yield (Fat and Pro), milk fat and protein percentages (Fat% and Pro%), mastitis (Mast), number of mastitis occurrence and different measurements of somatic cell counts using linear and threshold anim ...