Jump to Main Content
- Codognoto, Viviane Maria; Yamada, Paulo Henrique; Schmith, Rúbia Alves; de Ruediger, Felipe Rydygier; Scott, Caroline; de Faria Lainetti, Patrícia; Brochine, Suzane; de Paula Freitas-Dell’Aqua, Camila; de Souza, Fabiana Ferreira; Oba, Eunice
- Animal reproduction science 2018 v.195 pp. 251-258
- acrosin inhibitors, etc ; acrosome reaction; buffaloes; data analysis; enzyme inhibition; lipid peroxidation; mass spectrometry; multivariate analysis; oxidative stress; peptide YY; principal component analysis; protein content; protein value; proteinases; ribonucleases; semen quality; seminal plasma; seminal plasma proteins; sperm concentration; sperm motility; spermatozoa; vigor; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The objective of the present study was to describe the proteins from the seminal plasma of buffalo and correlate these proteins with sperm motility. Ejaculates from sixteen Murrah buffalo were used. Semen collection was performed by electroejaculation, and the ejaculate was evaluated by macroscopic (volume) and microscopic analysis (subjective motility and vigor, as well as sperm concentration). A ...
- Lee, Ran; Lee, Won-Young; Park, Hyun-Jung; Ha, Woo-Tae; Woo, Jae-Seok; Chung, Hak-Jae; Lee, Ji-Heon; Hong, Kwonho; Song, Hyuk
- Animal reproduction science 2018 v.190 pp. 18-26
- acrosin, etc ; acrosome; adults; basement membrane; biomarkers; genes; males; polypeptides; protein synthesis; puberty; spermatocytes; spermatogenesis; spermatogonia; stem cells; swine; synaptonemal complex; testes; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Spermatogenesis begins with spermatogonial stem cells (SSCs), which are located in the basement membrane of the adult testes. Previous studies have described specific biomarkers for undifferentiated porcine spermatogonia or SSCs; however, these markers are not sufficient to understand spermatogenesis at different developmental stages. The objective of this study was characterize the expression of ...