Jump to Main Content
- Li, Yinxia; Zhang, Jun; Qian, Yong; Meng, Chunhua; Wang, Huili; Cao, Shaoxian
- Animal reproduction science 2018 v.196 pp. 19-27
- female fertility, etc ; alleles; binding sites; enzyme activity; ewes; fecundity; follicular development; gene overexpression; genotype; litter size; luciferase; methylation; mutation; nucleotides; parity (reproduction); promoter regions; reproductive performance; steroidogenesis; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcription initiation site; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The Nuclear receptor superfamily 5, group A, member 1 (NR5A1) gene encodes a nuclear receptor that regulates the transcription of genes involved in steroidogenesis, follicular development and female fertility. Little, however, is known about the relationship of this gene with reproductive performance in sheep. In this study, the transcription initiation site of Hu sheep NR5A1 gene was located 193 ...
- Sharifiyazdi, Hassan; Mirzaei, Abdolah; Ghanaatian, Zahra
- Animal reproduction science 2018 v.188 pp. 45-50
- female fertility, etc ; Holstein; alleles; anterior pituitary; blood sampling; calving; cell membranes; conception; dairy cows; dairy farming; follicle-stimulating hormone; follicle-stimulating hormone receptors; gene frequency; genotype; genotyping; glycoproteins; lactation; peptide hormones; point mutation; polymerase chain reaction; repeat breeder; reproductive performance; restriction fragment length polymorphism; single nucleotide polymorphism; Iran; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) is released from the anterior pituitary gland and has an important role in female fertility. As FSH is a glycoprotein polypeptide hormone which cannot pass through the cell membrane, its influence on target cells must be mediated by the FSH receptor (FSHR). Accordingly, any kind of mutation in FSHR can affect reproduction in dairy cows. In this study, the polymer ...