Jump to Main Content
- Mura, Maria Consuelo; Luridiana, Sebastiano; Farci, Federico; Di Stefano, Maria Veronica; Daga, Cinzia; Pulinas, Luisa; Starič, Jože; Carcangiu, Vincenzo
- Animal reproduction science 2017 v.185 pp. 104-108
- melatonin, etc ; Sardinian (sheep breed); adults; body condition; breeding season; ewes; farms; flocks; lambing; livestock and meat industry; pregnancy; rams; reproductive efficiency; spring; ultrasonography; winter; Sardinia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the effect of melatonin treatment carried out between late winter and early spring on reproductive response in Sarda breed sheep and whether the photo-refractoriness can influence this reproductive response. The study was conducted on 3200 adult ewes, aged 3–6years old, with body condition score (BCS) 2.5–4.0, from 16 commercial sheep farms in Northern Sardinia. In eac ...
- Zarazaga, L.A.; Gatica, M.C.; Gallego-Calvo, L.; Guzmán, J.L.
- Animal reproduction science 2017 v.179 pp. 57-66
- melatonin, etc ; anestrus; blood glucose; blood sampling; body weight; bucks; conception rate; fatty acid composition; free fatty acids; glucose; insulin-like growth factor I; luteinizing hormone; nannygoats; ovulation; progesterone; reproductive performance; spring; ultrasonography; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The aim of the present work was to determine whether treatment with melatonin modifies the reproductive response of female goats experiencing increasing or decreasing body weight (BW)/body condition score (BCS) when introduced to bucks displaying springtime sexual activity. During natural anoestrus, 53 does were isolated from bucks for a period of 42days and distributed into two groups: 1) low BW/ ...