Jump to Main Content
- de Andrade, André Furugen Cesar, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Animal reproduction science 2008 v.104 no.2-4 pp. 119-131
- semen extenders; semen; bulls; cryopreservation; sperm motility; mitochondria; acrosome; plasma membrane; chromatin; adverse effects
- ... The process of cryopreservation impairs sperm cell function, potentially leading to a reduction in fertility. The objectives of the present study were to evaluate the effects that cryopreservation using two different extenders has on sperm motility and mitochondrial function, as well as on the integrity of plasma membranes, acrosomal membranes and chromatin, using practical and objective technique ...
- de Andrade, André Furugen Cesar, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Animal reproduction science 2010 v.120 no.1-4 pp. 31-38
- semen extenders; viability; cryopreservation; cattle; flow cytometry; automation; cryoprotectants; processing equipment; sperm motility; male fertility; mitochondria; acrosome; Gir (cattle breed); plasma membrane; germplasm conservation; computer software
- ... The objectives of the present study were to investigate the effects of three equilibration times (0, 2, and 4h) and two extenders (TRIS or Bioxcell®) for cryopreservation of bull semen. Semen from 12 Gyr bulls was cryopreserved using an automated freezing machine. There were significant interactions between equilibration times and extenders for sperm motility and membrane integrity. The control tr ...