Jump to Main Content
- Sanada, Matoki; Hayashi, Ryuichi; Imai, Yoshimasa; Nakamura, Fumiya; Inoue, Tomoyo; Ohta, Shinji; Kawachi, Hiroyuki
- Animal science journal = 2016 v.87 no.11 pp. 1347-1351
- peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors, etc ; adipocytes; adiponectin; agonists; gene expression regulation; genes; luciferase; messenger RNA; triacylglycerols; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Peroxisome proliferator‐activated receptor γ (PPARγ) is a ligand‐dependent transcription factor that directly activates the expression of adipocyte‐specific genes, and is universally accepted as the master regulator for adipocyte differentiation. Using a PPARγ luciferase reporter assay system, we showed that 4′,6‐dimethoxyisoflavone‐7‐O‐β‐D‐glucopyranoside (wistin) dose‐dependently activates PPARγ ...
- Kikusato, Motoi; Muroi, Hikaru; Uwabe, Yuichiro; Furukawa, Kyohei; Toyomizu, Masaaki
- Animal science journal = 2016 v.87 no.11 pp. 1371-1378
- peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors, etc ; Olea europaea; adenosine triphosphate; biogenesis; birds; cytochrome-c oxidase; enzyme activity; epinephrine; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; leaves; mammals; mitochondria; myocytes; norepinephrine; oleuropein; oxidative phosphorylation; reactive oxygen species; secretion; superoxide dismutase; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... It has been shown that oleuropein, a phenolic compound in the fruit and leaves of the olive tree (Olea europaea) induces mammalian uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) expression via an increased secretion of noradrenaline and adrenaline. This study investigated the effects of oleuropein on avian UCP (avUCP) expression as well as genes related to mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation and biogenesis in cu ...