Jump to Main Content
- Ingerpuu, Nele; Sarv, Marge
- Annales botanici Fennici 2015 v.52 no.1–2 pp. 84-92
- Bryopsida; correlation; grazing intensity; meadows; species diversity; vascular plants; Estonia
- ... Vascular plant and bryophyte species richness, and bryophyte diaspore bank were studied in 14 Estonian coastal meadows that had been under two different grazing pressures for ca. 10 years. The aim of the study was to compare the effects of grazing intensity on the diversity of these plant groups, and on the bryophyte diaspore bank. The results showed that (1) intensive grazing increased bryophyte ...
- Paal, Jaanus; Degtjarenko, Polina
- Annales botanici Fennici 2015 v.52 no.1–2 pp. 120-134
- Pinus sylvestris; Rhytidiadelphus; Tortula ruralis; botanical composition; cement; epiphytes; forest communities; forests; microhabitats; mosses and liverworts; periodicity; pollution; Estonia
- ... The elementary structural units where changes of plant communities come about are synusiae and studies of successional processes induced by external factors should focus on that scale. Synusia is a structural part of a plant community inhabiting a special microhabitat, with a specific floristic composition and consisting of species that belong to the same stratum and that do not differ fundamental ...