Jump to Main Content
- Puglielli, Giacomo; Crescente, Maria Fiore; Frattaroli, Anna Rita; Gratani, Loretta
- Annales botanici Fennici 2015 v.52 no.1–2 pp. 135-143
- Sesleria; biomass; grasslands; habitats; leaf area; leaves; photosynthesis
- ... Leaf mass per area (LMA) is an important variable in a set of coordinated leaf traits to determine plant species' ecological strategies. We hypothesized that LMA was the main predictor of the adaptive strategies of Sesleria juncifolia and S. nitida (Poaceae), growing on Mount Terminillo (Central Apennines) and cultivated ex situ. We broke LMA down into leaf anatomical components (i.e. leaf tissue ...
- Kolanowska, Marta; Olędrzyńska, Natalia
- Annales botanici Fennici 2015 v.52 no.1–2 pp. 41-45
- Orchidaceae; flora; habitats; new species; Peru
- ... Pterichis macbridei Kolan. and P. cajamarcae Kolan. (Orchidaceae) are described and illustrated as new species based on Peruvian material. Their taxonomic affinities are discussed and information on their habitat ecology is provided. Pterichis diuris is reported for the first time from Peru and the name is lectotypified. An updated identification key to Peruvian species of Pterichis is presented. ...