Jump to Main Content
- Mehrvarz, Shahryar Saeidi; Ghayormand, Morteza
- Annales botanici Fennici 2015 v.52 no.1–2 pp. 38-40
- Euphorbia; leaves; new species; Iran
- ... A new species, Euphorbia khorasanica Saeidi & Ghayormand (Euphorbiaceae), is described and illustrated from Khorasan Province, NE Iran. It belongs to sect. Pithyusa and is morphologically closely related to E. kopetdaghi, E. microsciadia and E. sogdiana, but differs from them by having very narrow cauline leaves and shorter ray leaves. ...
- Puglielli, Giacomo; Crescente, Maria Fiore; Frattaroli, Anna Rita; Gratani, Loretta
- Annales botanici Fennici 2015 v.52 no.1–2 pp. 135-143
- Sesleria; biomass; grasslands; habitats; leaf area; leaves; photosynthesis
- ... Leaf mass per area (LMA) is an important variable in a set of coordinated leaf traits to determine plant species' ecological strategies. We hypothesized that LMA was the main predictor of the adaptive strategies of Sesleria juncifolia and S. nitida (Poaceae), growing on Mount Terminillo (Central Apennines) and cultivated ex situ. We broke LMA down into leaf anatomical components (i.e. leaf tissue ...