Jump to Main Content
- Michel, Magdalena; Kiedryńska, Lidia
- Annals of Warsaw University of Life Sciences, SGGW 2012 v.43 no.2 pp. 155-163
- arsenates; equations; heavy metals; iodides; manganese; manganese dioxide; models; oxidation; pollutants; radionuclides; regression analysis; sorption
- ... Manganese dioxide is characterized by the acidic type of surface and high value of negative surface charge. It shows sorption and oxidation properties to such pollutants as heavy metals, radionuclides, arsenate(III), iodide. In the water conditioning technology it is used to modify various materials, including chalcedonite, which was the subject of the research presented in this paper. The mangane ...
- Kozioł, Adam
- Annals of Warsaw University of Life Sciences, SGGW 2012 v.43 no.2 pp. 193-205
- acoustics; aluminum; cement; concrete; energy; equations; floodplains; pipes; roughness; trees; vegetation
- ... The aim of the experimental research was the determination of water turbulent kinetic energy changes in a compound channel without and with rigid, emergent, vegetation existing on floodplains. Two tests for two various roughness of floodplains were realized. In the first test the surface of the main channel bed was smooth and made of concrete whereas the floodplains and sloping banks were covered ...