Jump to Main Content
- Mirosław-Świątek, Dorota; Amatya, Devendra
- Annals of Warsaw University of Life Sciences, SGGW 2012 v.43 no.2 pp. 121-134
- basins; coastal plains; floodplains; friction; hydrology; inventories; models; plant characteristics; rivers; streams; vegetation cover; vegetation types; watersheds; South Carolina; Turkey (country)
- ... Riparian vegetation type, composition, structure, and its abundance on floodplains exert a strong influence on riparian surface and subsurface hydrology and discharges of rivers and streams. The conditions of flood waters flow in such valley types are shaped by the existing vegetation cover. In this study, on the basis of vegetation inventory in four selected and representative basins, the substit ...
- Kozioł, Adam
- Annals of Warsaw University of Life Sciences, SGGW 2012 v.43 no.2 pp. 193-205
- acoustics; aluminum; cement; concrete; energy; equations; floodplains; pipes; roughness; trees; vegetation
- ... The aim of the experimental research was the determination of water turbulent kinetic energy changes in a compound channel without and with rigid, emergent, vegetation existing on floodplains. Two tests for two various roughness of floodplains were realized. In the first test the surface of the main channel bed was smooth and made of concrete whereas the floodplains and sloping banks were covered ...