Jump to Main Content
- Michel, Magdalena; Kiedryńska, Lidia
- Annals of Warsaw University of Life Sciences, SGGW 2012 v.43 no.2 pp. 155-163
- arsenates; equations; heavy metals; iodides; manganese; manganese dioxide; models; oxidation; pollutants; radionuclides; regression analysis; sorption
- ... Manganese dioxide is characterized by the acidic type of surface and high value of negative surface charge. It shows sorption and oxidation properties to such pollutants as heavy metals, radionuclides, arsenate(III), iodide. In the water conditioning technology it is used to modify various materials, including chalcedonite, which was the subject of the research presented in this paper. The mangane ...
- Ignar, Stefan; Maksymiuk-Dziuban, Anna; Mirosław-Świątek, Dorota; Chormański, Jarosław; Okruszko, Tomasz; Wysocki, Paweł
- Annals of Warsaw University of Life Sciences, SGGW 2012 v.43 no.2 pp. 135-142
- climate change; digital elevation models; floods; geographic information systems; hydrologic models; mathematical models; regression analysis; remote sensing; rivers; temporal variation; time series analysis; water table; watersheds; wetlands
- ... The paper presents the application of the hydrodynamic one-dimensional model of river flow based on St Venant equations for calculation of annual floods characteristics in the Lower Biebrza River Basin situated in the Northeast of Poland. This model was combined with the Digital Elevation Model (DEM) for determining of area of flooding, its mean depth and flood volume. The model was calibrated usi ...