Jump to Main Content
- Babicz, Marek; Szyndler-Nędza, Magdalena; Kasprzyk, Anna; Kropiwiec, Kinga
- Annals of animal science 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 131-141
- piglets, etc ; body weight; breeding programs; crushing; farms; genes; growth and development; homozygosity; litter size; loci; mortality; rearing; sows; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The objective of the study was to analyse periparturient behaviour and the reproductive parameters of native Puławska sows with regard to polymorphism (insertion/deletion) at the PRL locus as components in the assessment of maternal value. The analysis included 45 sows of known genotype at the PRL locus, which were managed under a conservation breeding programme in individual farms. Behaviour was ...
- Szyndler-Nędza, Magdalena; Piórkowska, Katarzyna; Ropka-Molik, Katarzyna
- Annals of animal science 2017 v.17 no.3 pp. 717-731
- piglets, etc ; 3' untranslated regions; Large White; backfat; body weight; carcass quality; correlation; fat thickness; genes; gilts; heterozygosity; lactation; landraces; lipid metabolism; loci; meat quality; mutation; rearing; reproductive performance; sows; subcutaneous fat; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Mutations at gene loci associated with body lipid metabolism may affect not only carcass and meat quality traits in young animals but also the production results of mother sows. The objective of the study was to determine the effect of mutations in the DGAT1 gene, found in Polish populations of maternal breeds, on condition of gilts and later on condition and reproductive performance of sows durin ...