Jump to Main Content
- Daranas, Núria; Roselló, Gemma; Cabrefiga, Jordi; Donati, Irene; Francés, Jesús; Badosa, Esther; Spinelli, Francesco; Montesinos, Emilio; Bonaterra, Anna
- Annals of applied biology 2019 v.174 no.1 pp. 92-105
- Bacillus amyloliquefaciens; Bacillus subtilis; DNA fingerprinting; Lactobacillus plantarum; Leuconostoc mesenteroides; Prunus; Pseudomonas syringae pv. actinidiae; Xanthomonas arboricola pv. pruni; Xanthomonas fragariae; acibenzolar-S-methyl; biological control; biological control agents; chitosan; copper; crops; field experimentation; greenhouses; host plants; kiwifruit; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; leaves; multilocus sequence typing; pH; pathogens; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; screening; strawberries; survival rate
- ... The use of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) to control multiple pathogens that affect different crops was studied, namely, Pseudomonas syringae pv. actinidiae in kiwifruit, Xanthomonas arboricola pv. pruni in Prunus and Xanthomonas fragariae in strawberry. A screening procedure based on in vitro and in planta assays of the three bacterial pathogens was successful in selecting potential LAB strains as bi ...
- de Pedro, Luis; Tormos, José; Harbi, Ahlem; Ferrara, Fernando; Sabater‐Muñoz, Beatriz; Asís, Josep D.; Beitia, Francisco
- Annals of applied biology 2019 v.174 no.1 pp. 40-50
- Aganaspis; Ceratitis capitata; Diachasmimorpha longicaudata; artificial diets; biological control; biological control agents; climatic factors; functional response models; greenhouse production; greenhouses; insect pests; interspecific competition; laboratory experimentation; larvae; mortality; natural enemies; parasitism; parasitoids; planning
- ... In biological control programmes, it is very common to employ multiple species to manage a single insect pest. However, the beneficial effects of natural enemies are not always additive because of several factors, including interspecific competition between these biocontrol agents. For this reason, in the present study we assessed several biological parameters (percentage parasitism, fertility, in ...