Jump to Main Content
- Brito, Vitor; Godoy‐Casagrande, Vitor; Narcisa‐Oliveira, Jeniffer; Tomielis, Ismael; Cereda, Marney; Steinfort, Ursula; Costa, Reginaldo
- Annals of applied biology 2019 v.175 no.1 pp. 119-128
- Maranta arundinacea; arrowroot; biomass; biometry; color; flowering; greenhouses; histology; leaf area; leaves; phenology; phenotype; photographs; plant height; rhizomes; sprouting; starch
- ... The present study aimed to characterise and establish the phenological stages of arrowroot (Maranta arundinacea L.) by employing the extended BBCH (Biologische Bundesanstalt Bundessortenamt und Chemische Industrie) scale system and reporting a detailed biometric evaluation. An experiment with individual plants grown in separate pots was set up in a greenhouse for the identification and characteris ...
- Bennici, Stefania; Distefano, Gaetano; Las Casas, Giuseppina; Di Guardo, Mario; Lana, Giuseppe; Pacini, Ettore; La Malfa, Stefano; Gentile, Alessandra
- Annals of applied biology 2019 v.175 no.1 pp. 29-41
- Citrus clementina; anthers; clementines; cold; flower buds; flowering; gametophytes; histology; male sterility; males; microspores; microsporogenesis; monitoring; pollen; pollen tubes; starch; temperature
- ... Male gametophyte development is a critical phase of the plant life cycle due to its high sensitivity to environmental stresses. The rise in the average global temperature, often accompanied by extreme fluctuations, has an important impact on biological processes. Among those, male gametophytes are particularly sensitive to temperature stress during flower bud development and anthesis. Male gametop ...