Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Luyao; Li, Zhuangzhuang; Liu, Qian; Pu, Gaobin; Zhang, Yongqing; Li, Jia
- Annals of applied biology 2019 v.175 no.1 pp. 1-17
- genotype; grain yield; photosynthesis; saline soils; salinity; salt stress
- ... Photosynthesis is the largest organic synthesis on Earth, salinity limits crop yield and quality worldwide directly or indirectly related to the decrease in photosynthetic efficiency. The mechanism by which photosynthetic apparatus responds to salt stress is extremely complex and varies with plant genotype, developmental stage, the history of the plant cell and duration of stress imposed. Recent s ...
- Zilli, Alex L.; Acuña, Carlos A.; Schulz, Roberto R.; Marcón, Florencia; Brugnoli, Elsa A.; Novo, Sabina F.; Quarin, Camilo L.; Martínez, Eric J.
- Annals of applied biology 2019 v.175 no.1 pp. 18-28
- Paspalum notatum; agronomic traits; forage; genetic improvement; genetic markers; genetic variation; genotype; germplasm; inheritance (genetics); tetraploidy
- ... Genetic improvement in apomictic forage species has been restricted because of the absence of genetic variability in sexual germplasm with the same ploidy level. Following a new breeding scheme, a sexual synthetic tetraploid population (SSTP) of Paspalum notatum has been generated. The objectives of this work were: (a) to evaluate the genetic variability in SSTP by means of molecular markers, morp ...