Jump to Main Content
- Ciuffo, M.; Mautino, G.C.; Bosco, L.; Turina, M.; Tavella, L.
- Annals of applied biology 2010 v.157 no.2 pp. 299-307
- Fallopia convolvulus; Frankliniella occidentalis; Polygonum; Thrips tabaci; Western blotting; adults; cytochrome-c oxidase; insects; larvae; leaves; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; viruses
- ... Dictyothrips betae (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) is the predominant thrips species on Polygonum convolvulus and Polygonum dumetorum plants infected with a recently described tospovirus species, Polygonum ring spot virus (PolRSV). Laboratory transmission experiments (leaf disk assays) with adults collected directly in the field demonstrated the competence of this thrips to transmit PolRSV, although onl ...
- Bertin, Sabrina; Picciau, Luca; Ács, Zoltán; Alma, Alberto; Bosco, Domenico
- Annals of applied biology 2010 v.157 no.3 pp. 435-445
- epidemiological studies; agroecosystems; entomologists; vineyards; Stolbur phytoplasma; Hyalesthes obsoletus; monitoring; host plants; plant pathogens; Vitis; internal transcribed spacers; cytochrome-c oxidase; genes; nymphs; insects
- ... The insect family Cixiidae includes economically important vectors of plant pathogens. Hyalesthes obsoletus transmits the stolbur phytoplasma (16SrXII‐A genetic group) associated with a serious grapevine yellows disease known as Bois Noir (BN). Other cixiids are currently suspected to be BN vectors, and the correct identification of Hyalesthes species present in vineyards is essential for epidemio ...