Jump to Main Content
- Norton, A.J.; Bennett, S.J.; Hughes, M.; Dimmock, J.P.R.E.; Wright, D.; Newman, G.; Harris, I.M.; Edwards-Jones, G.
- Annals of applied biology 2006 v.149 no.1 pp. 15-25
- air flow; dry season; field experimentation; fineness; flax; flowering; herbicides; industrial applications; nitrogen; retting; stems; tensile strength; yarns
- ... Field trials of fibre flax were sown in 2002 and 2003 comprising 29 and 26 flax varieties, respectively. In 2002, two nitrogen treatments of 40 and 80 kg ha⁻¹ were imposed. The trials were sprayed with a desiccating herbicide prior to retting at 35 and 15 days after midpoint of flowering in 2002 and 2003, respectively, and were harvested once retting had completed. Fibre was extracted from the fla ...
- Alburquerque, N.; Egea, J.; Burgos, L.; MartÍnez-Romero, D.; Valero, D.; Serrano, M.
- Annals of applied biology 2006 v.149 no.1 pp. 27-33
- apricots; cultivars; flowering; fruit set; ovarian development; ovules; putrescine; spermidine; spermine
- ... Polyamine (PA) concentrations of ovaries of two apricot cultivars, 'S405-17' and 'Bergeron', collected at three stages of floral development, were analysed. The relationships between PA profiles, ovule development and fruit load between the two apricot cultivars were also determined. We show that PA levels vary with ovary development, depending on the cultivar. Higher concentrations of putrescine ...