Jump to Main Content
- Hagler, J.R.
- Annals of applied biology 2006 v.149 no.2 pp. 153
- predator-prey relationships; predatory insects; Trichoplusia ni; Lygus hesperus; Pectinophora gossypiella; Solenopsis xyloni; predation; ova; larvae; insect pests; immunoglobulin G; chickens; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; digesta; predatory arthropods
- ... A simplified but highly effective approach for the post-mortem evaluation of predation on several targeted members of an arthropod assemblage that does not require the development of pest-specific enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) (e.g. pest-specific monoclonal antibodies) or PCR assays (DNA primers) is described. Laboratory feeding studies were conducted to determine if predation events c ...
- Ferreira, R.R.; Meinhardt, L.W.; Azevedo, R.A.
- Annals of applied biology 2006 v.149 no.1 pp. 77
- Sorghum bicolor; grain sorghum; seeds; amino acid metabolism; lysine; threonine; isozymes; molecular weight; aspartate kinase; alcohol oxidoreductases; enzyme activity; free amino acids
- ... Aspartate kinase (AK, EC 220.127.116.11) and homoserine dehydrogenase (HSDH, EC 18.104.22.168) have been partially purified and characterised from immature sorghum seeds. Two peaks of AK activity were eluted by anion-exchange chromatography [diethylaminoethyl (DEAE)-Sephacel] with 183 and 262 mM KCl, and both activities were inhibited by lysine. Similarly, two peaks of HSDH activity were eluted with 145 and 18 ...