Jump to Main Content
- Lohier, Théophile; Jabot, Franck; Meziane, Driss; Shipley, Bill; Reich, Peter B.; Deffuant, Guillaume
- Annals of botany 2014 v.114 no.3 pp. 513-524
- herbaceous plants, etc ; biomass; dry matter partitioning; growth models; nitrogen; ontogeny; plant growth; prediction; shoots; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Background and Aims Simple models of herbaceous plant growth based on optimal partitioning theory predict, at steady state, an isometric relationship between shoot and root biomass during plant ontogeny, i.e. a constant root–shoot ratio. This prediction has received mixed empirical support, suggesting either that optimal partitioning is too coarse an assumption to model plant biomass allocation, o ...
- PubMed Central:
- PMC4217652 [Available on 09/01/15]