Jump to Main Content
- Pilbeam, C.J.
- Annals of botany 1992 v.70 no.4 pp. 365-370
- nitrogen; nutrient availability; Lolium perenne; nutrient requirements; leaves
- ... Respiration rates remain high during senescence which is an energy demanding process. Different rates of senescence may explain the contrasting respiration rates of mature leaves of two populations of perennial ryegrass cv. S23. This hypothesis was tested by measuring the lengths of elongating and senescing leaves of plants of two populations (GL72, a slow and GL66, a fast respiring population) fo ...
- Eagles, C.F.; Williams, J.
- Annals of botany 1992 v.70 no.4 pp. 333-338
- Lolium perenne; temperature; diurnal variation; cold tolerance; cultivars; genetic variation
- ... Hardening and dehardening responses of two contrasting varieties of Lolium perenne, measured as LT(50) estimates, were followed in fluctuating temperature environments. Unhardened seedlings were exposed to hardening environments for 7, 14, and 21 d in all combinations of 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 degrees C with either high day and low night temperatures or low day and high night temperatures. Seedlings ha ...