Jump to Main Content
- Collinson, S.T.; Ellis, R.H.; Summerfield, R.J.; Roberts, E.H.
- Annals of botany 1992 v.70 no.4 pp. 339-346
- cultivars; flowering; Oryza sativa; duration; photoperiod; genetic variation; temperature
- ... The durations of the photoperiod-sensitive and photoperiod-insensitive phases of development to panicle emergence were estimated in four contrasting indica cultivars of rice (Oryza sativa L.) in a reciprocal-transfer experiment. Plants were grown in pots in glasshouses maintained at warmer (32/26 degrees C) or cooler (28/20 degrees C) day/night temperatures, and the durations from sowing to panicl ...
- Eagles, C.F.; Williams, J.
- Annals of botany 1992 v.70 no.4 pp. 333-338
- Lolium perenne; temperature; diurnal variation; cold tolerance; cultivars; genetic variation
- ... Hardening and dehardening responses of two contrasting varieties of Lolium perenne, measured as LT(50) estimates, were followed in fluctuating temperature environments. Unhardened seedlings were exposed to hardening environments for 7, 14, and 21 d in all combinations of 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 degrees C with either high day and low night temperatures or low day and high night temperatures. Seedlings ha ...