Jump to Main Content
- MacDonald, M.V.
- Annals of botany 1992 v.70 no.4 pp. 357-363
- Zea mays; anther culture; embryo (plant); plant growth substances; temperature; photoperiod; genetic variation; haploidy; genotype
- ... Anthers from seven unselected commercial sweetcorn lines and ten experimental maize lines were cultured on a liquid/solid bi-layer culture medium, containing 13% maltose as the carbon source. Mean anther efficiencies (number of embryos per 100 anthers plated) of 0 to 27.6% were recorded, with the maximum efficiency of 57.1% from one plant. The anther efficiency was found to be dependent on genotyp ...
- Collinson, S.T.; Ellis, R.H.; Summerfield, R.J.; Roberts, E.H.
- Annals of botany 1992 v.70 no.4 pp. 339-346
- cultivars; flowering; Oryza sativa; duration; photoperiod; genetic variation; temperature
- ... The durations of the photoperiod-sensitive and photoperiod-insensitive phases of development to panicle emergence were estimated in four contrasting indica cultivars of rice (Oryza sativa L.) in a reciprocal-transfer experiment. Plants were grown in pots in glasshouses maintained at warmer (32/26 degrees C) or cooler (28/20 degrees C) day/night temperatures, and the durations from sowing to panicl ...