Jump to Main Content
- Hernández-Serrano, Ana; Verdú, Miguel; Santos-del-Blanco, Luís; Climent, José; González-Martínez, Santiago C.; Pausas, Juli G.
- Annals of botany 2014 v.114 no.3 pp. 571-577
- provenance, etc ; Bayesian theory; Pinus halepensis; adaptive radiation; allozymes; fire regime; fires; genetic markers; genetic variation; heritability; natural selection; open pollination; phenotype; rain; summer; trees; Balearic Islands; Iberian Peninsula; Spain; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Background and Aims Although it is well known that fire acts as a selective pressure shaping plant phenotypes, there are no quantitative estimates of the heritability of any trait related to plant persistence under recurrent fires, such as serotiny. In this study, the heritability of serotiny in Pinus halepensis is calculated, and an evaluation is made as to whether fire has left a selection signa ...
- PubMed Central:
- PMC4204669 [Available on 09/01/15]
- Collins, R.P.; Helgadottir, A.; Fothergill, M.; Rhodes, I.
- Annals of botany 2002 v.89 no.3 pp. 283-292
- provenance, etc ; regrowth; buds; stolons; Trifolium repens; mortality; genetic variation; air temperature; plant physiology; cultivars; genetic drift; natural selection; chemical constituents of plants; population; Wales; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Experiments were carried out at IGER, Aberystwyth, UK to investigate traits of direct relevance to the processes of overwintering and spring growth in white clover (Trifolium repens L.). The plant material used was derived from baseline populations of the cultivar AberHerald and survivor populations generated after 2-3 years' growth in Germany (Kiel), Sweden (Uppsala) and Switzerland (Zurich). The ...
- PubMed Central: