Jump to Main Content
- Zapater, Marion; Bréda, Nathalie; Bonal, Damien; Pardonnet, Sylvia; Granier, André
- Annals of forest science 2013 v.70 no.1 pp. 31-39
- Betula pendula; Carpinus betulus; Fagus sylvatica; Quercus robur; Salix; drought; early development; ecophysiology; forests; functional response; global change; leaf water potential; leaves; phenology; root systems; rooting; sap flow; soil water; summer; transpiration; trees; water shortages; xylem; France
- ... • INTRODUCTION: In the context of global environmental changes, better understanding of tree response to soil drought in young mixed species stands is needed to anticipate forest adaptation and management practices for the future. • MATERIALS AND METHODS: We investigated the functional response of five co-occurring broad-leaved tree species growing in a 15- to 25-year-old mixed stand in northeaste ...
- Lombardi, F.; Cherubini, P.; Tognetti, R.; Cocozza, C.; Lasserre, B.; Marchetti, M.
- Annals of forest science 2013 v.70 no.1 pp. 101-111
- Abies alba; Fagus sylvatica; Nothofagus menziesii; biochemical pathways; carbon; carbon sequestration; cellulose; conifers; dead wood; forest ecosystems; forest stands; lignin; microhabitats; montane forests; nitrogen; nitrogen content; soil organic carbon; stumps; Italy
- ... CONTEXT: We investigated the relationships between decay classes, morphological characteristics and chemical compounds in Abies alba Mill. and Fagus sylvatica L. stumps in two forest stands in the central Apennines (Italy). The analysis of deadwood decomposition is important in estimating carbon sequestration potential and carbon residence time in forest ecosystems. In addition, deadwood decomposi ...