Jump to Main Content
- Zapater, Marion; Bréda, Nathalie; Bonal, Damien; Pardonnet, Sylvia; Granier, André
- Annals of forest science 2013 v.70 no.1 pp. 31-39
- Betula pendula; Carpinus betulus; Fagus sylvatica; Quercus robur; Salix; drought; early development; ecophysiology; forests; functional response; global change; leaf water potential; leaves; phenology; root systems; rooting; sap flow; soil water; summer; transpiration; trees; water shortages; xylem; France
- ... • INTRODUCTION: In the context of global environmental changes, better understanding of tree response to soil drought in young mixed species stands is needed to anticipate forest adaptation and management practices for the future. • MATERIALS AND METHODS: We investigated the functional response of five co-occurring broad-leaved tree species growing in a 15- to 25-year-old mixed stand in northeaste ...
- Amodei, Thomas; Guibal, Frédéric; Fady, Bruno
- Annals of forest science 2013 v.70 no.1 pp. 41-47
- Pinus nigra; autumn; climate; correlation; soil; temperature; temporal variation; variance; winter; France; Spain
- ... • CONTEXT: The Salzmann pine (Pinus nigra ssp. salzmannii) is an endemic subspecies of black pine native to the Western Mediterranean basin. In Spain, Salzmann pine covers extensive areas (approx. 350 000 ha), while in France where few scattered populations subsist, its distribution area is estimated at approx. 3 000 ha. • METHOD: We used a dendroecological approach to understand the impact of cli ...