Jump to Main Content
- Szewczyk, Janusz; Szwagrzyk, Jerzy
- Annals of forest science 2010 v.67 no.2 pp. 202
- Nothofagus menziesii, etc ; Abies alba; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; light intensity; natural regeneration; seedlings; temporal variation; trees; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... • The natural regeneration of shade-tolerant tree species is characterized by large spatial heterogeneity and temporal variability. The mechanisms producing those patterns are still poorly understood and the knowledge of long-term fluctuations in regeneration processes is very limited. • We used data from long-term study plots in an old-growth stand dominated by European beech and silver fir to ad ...
- Lombardi, F.; Cherubini, P.; Tognetti, R.; Cocozza, C.; Lasserre, B.; Marchetti, M.
- Annals of forest science 2013 v.70 no.1 pp. 101-111
- Nothofagus menziesii, etc ; Abies alba; Fagus sylvatica; biochemical pathways; carbon; carbon sequestration; cellulose; conifers; dead wood; forest ecosystems; forest stands; lignin; microhabitats; montane forests; nitrogen; nitrogen content; soil organic carbon; stumps; Italy; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... CONTEXT: We investigated the relationships between decay classes, morphological characteristics and chemical compounds in Abies alba Mill. and Fagus sylvatica L. stumps in two forest stands in the central Apennines (Italy). The analysis of deadwood decomposition is important in estimating carbon sequestration potential and carbon residence time in forest ecosystems. In addition, deadwood decomposi ...