Jump to Main Content
- Shuai, Yiying; Zhou, Hanghai; Mu, Qinglin; Zhang, Dongdong; Zhang, Ning; Tang, Jingchun; Zhang, Chunfang
- Annals of microbiology 2019 v.69 no.2 pp. 139-150
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Leclercia; biodegradation; biosurfactants; carbon; enzymes; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gene expression regulation; genes; hexadecane; metabolism; pH; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; salinity; temperature; transcription (genetics)
- ... To investigate the hydrocarbon-degrading ability, biosurfactant-producing capacity, and alkane monooxygenase system of Leclercia spp. A bacterial strain classified as Leclercia sp. B45 was isolated, and its biosurfactant-producing capacity, hydrocarbon-degrading ability, and alkane hydroxylase (alkB) gene transcriptional patterns were evaluated by TLC, FTIR, GC-MS, and RT-qPCR, respectively. Strai ...
- Njalam’mano, John Bright J.; Chirwa, Evans Martin N.
- Annals of microbiology 2019 v.69 no.2 pp. 107-122
- Achromobacter xylosoxidans; Alcaligenes; Bacillus cereus; Bacillus methylotrophicus; Bacillus subtilis; Lysinibacillus; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Serratia marcescens; aerobiosis; bacteria; biodegradability; biodegradation; bioremediation; butyric acid; carbon; deodorization; energy; growth models; logit analysis; odor control; odor emissions; off odors; pH; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sludge; volatile organic compounds
- ... Butyric acid is one of the volatile organic compounds that significantly contribute to malodour emission from pit latrines. The purpose of this work is to isolate and identify bacterial strains that have the capability to degrade butyric acid, determine their butyric acid degradation efficiencies and estimate their growth pattern parameters of microbiological relevance. Pure cultures of bacterial ...