Jump to Main Content
- Perry, H. A.; Kennedy, J. H.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2016 v.109 no.5 pp. 744-752
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Baetidae; algae; ambient temperature; eggs; heat sums; insect ecology; internal temperature; laboratory rearing; leaves; microhabitats; multidimensional scaling; nymphs; periphyton; shade; solar radiation; spring; summer; water temperature; winter; Oklahoma; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... A study of the life history and ecology of Camelobaetidius variabilis was conducted in Honey Creek, Oklahoma, from February 2003–April 2004. C. variabilis exhibited a multivoltine life cycle with five overlapping generations. Ninety percent of lab-reared eggs hatched at 130 degree days (DD) (23 °C) while nymphs successfully emerged at 559 DD at 20.8 ± .38 °C. Microhabitat preference of C. variabil ...
- Rocha-Filho, L. C.; Garófalo, C. A.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2016 v.109 no.2 pp. 183-197
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Apidae; Bombyliidae; Coffea arabica; Meloidae; anthrax; bamboos; bees; canes; cardboard; cold; crops; diapause; dry season; females; flowering; forests; habitat fragmentation; habitats; indigenous species; introduced plants; natural enemies; natural history; nesting; phenology; pollen; pollen analysis; pollinators; prepupae; trees; wet season; Brazil; Show all 32 Subjects
- ... Exotic plants can alter habitat composition and reduce the diversity of pollinators by competing with native species for resources. In a forest fragment surrounded by coffee crops, Coffea arabica L. (Rubiaceae), in southeastern Brazil, the life history of the oil-collecting bee Tetrapedia diversipes Klug (Apidae) was studied. Besides providing data on the phenology, nesting biology, and natural en ...