Jump to Main Content
- Dorchin, N.; Scott, E.R.; Abrahamson, W.G.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2006 v.99 no.4 pp. 656-661
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Cecidomyiidae; geographical distribution; new geographic records; new species; insect morphology; insect taxonomy; inquilinism; Dasineura; galls; host plants; Solidago; life history; Solidago gigantea; Pennsylvania; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Macrolabis americana Dorchin n. sp. is a newly discovered species of inquilinous gall midge found in galls of Dasineura folliculi Felt on two goldenrod species, Solidago rugosa Miller and Solidago gigantea Aiton (Asteraceae) in central Pennsylvania. This is the first record of Macrolabis outside the Palaearctic, where the genus is represented by 58 species. Contrary to what is known of most Macrol ...
- Taylor, J.M.; Kennedy, J.H.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2006 v.99 no.5 pp. 821-830
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Caenis; life history; eclosion; insect reproduction; fecundity; population density; biomass production; Oklahoma; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The life history and production of Caenis latipennis Banks (Ephemeroptera: Caenidae) is described from Honey Creek, Oklahoma. Emergence behavior, fecundity, voltinism, and secondary production were analyzed. C. latipennis had an extended emergence with five peaks. Females emerged, molted, mated, and oviposited in an estimated 37 min. Mean fecundity was 888.4 ± 291.9 eggs per individual (range, 239 ...