Jump to Main Content
- Motta, M.A.; Lourenco-de-Oliveira, R.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2005 v.98 no.6 pp. 838-852
- insect morphology; geographical distribution; insect taxonomy; new subgenus; developmental stages; Wyeomyia; type collections; new species; taxonomic keys; Brazil
- ... Spilonympha, a new subgenus of the genus Wyeomyia Theobald, is described based on morphological characters of the adult, larval, and pupal stages. The taxonomic species included in the new subgenus are Wyeomyia mystes (Dyar), Wy. bourrouli (Lutz), Wy. forcipenis Lourenco-de-Oliveira & Silva, Wy. finlayi Lane & Cerqueira, Wy. airosai Lane & Cerqueira, Wy. howardi Lane & Cerqueira, and a new species ...
- Baselga, A.; Novoa, F.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2005 v.98 no.6 pp. 896-907
- Chrysomelidae; new species; insect morphology; female genitalia; insect taxonomy; taxonomic revisions; new status; taxonomic keys; geographical distribution; Morocco; Spain
- ... The Western Palaearctic taxa of the Neocrepidodera impressa (F.) and Neocrepidodera ferruginea (Scopoli) species groups are reviewed. Twelve species are recognized, two of them newly described, N. carolinae sp. nov. from High Atlas, Morocco, and N. precaria sp. nov. from southern Spain and northern Morocco. Two other species are raised from the subspecific status, N. hispanica (J. Daniel) stat. no ...