Jump to Main Content
- Nieves-Aldrey, J.L.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2005 v.98 no.6 pp. 853-860
- life cycle (organisms); Cynipidae; new species; insect morphology; insect taxonomy; host plants; Papaver rhoeas; galls; parasitoids; Figitidae; phylogeny; Spain
- ... A new species of Iraella Nieves-Aldrey, Iraella hispanica n. sp. (Hymenoptera: Cynipidae), is described from northeastern Spain. The new species induces plurilocular galls on terminal flower buds of the common poppies Papaver rhoeas L. and Papaver dubium L. (Papaveraceae). The terminal-instar larva also is described. I. hispanica represents the second known species of the genus Iraella and is rela ...
- Baselga, A.; Novoa, F.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2005 v.98 no.6 pp. 896-907
- Chrysomelidae; new species; insect morphology; female genitalia; insect taxonomy; taxonomic revisions; new status; taxonomic keys; geographical distribution; Morocco; Spain
- ... The Western Palaearctic taxa of the Neocrepidodera impressa (F.) and Neocrepidodera ferruginea (Scopoli) species groups are reviewed. Twelve species are recognized, two of them newly described, N. carolinae sp. nov. from High Atlas, Morocco, and N. precaria sp. nov. from southern Spain and northern Morocco. Two other species are raised from the subspecific status, N. hispanica (J. Daniel) stat. no ...