Jump to Main Content
- Dorchin, N.; Scott, E.R.; Abrahamson, W.G.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2006 v.99 no.4 pp. 656-661
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Cecidomyiidae; geographical distribution; new geographic records; new species; insect morphology; insect taxonomy; inquilinism; Dasineura; galls; host plants; Solidago; life history; Solidago gigantea; Pennsylvania; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Macrolabis americana Dorchin n. sp. is a newly discovered species of inquilinous gall midge found in galls of Dasineura folliculi Felt on two goldenrod species, Solidago rugosa Miller and Solidago gigantea Aiton (Asteraceae) in central Pennsylvania. This is the first record of Macrolabis outside the Palaearctic, where the genus is represented by 58 species. Contrary to what is known of most Macrol ...
- Brunel, Odette; Rull, Juan
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2010 v.103 no.1 pp. 111–119
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Euxesta; natural history; mating behavior; courtship; mating frequency; host plants; Agave; Mexico; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... We report results of a 2-yr study aimed at describing the natural history and mating behavior of Euxesta bilimeki (Hendel) (Diptera: Ulidiidae) a picture-winged fly species associated with Agave atrovirens Karw. ex Salm-Dyck (Agavaceae) in the Mexican altiplano. The study consisted of direct field observations and a year-long population survey in the field complemented with laboratory experiments ...