Jump to Main Content
- Dosdall, L.M.; Ulmer, B.J.; Bouchard, P.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2007 v.100 no.2 pp. 178-186
- univoltine habit, etc ; Ceutorhynchus; life history; host plants; Descurainia sophia; feeding preferences; insect development; phenology; overwintering; larvae; insect morphology; geographical distribution; new geographic records; Alberta; North America; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Since the description of Ceutorhynchus subpubescens LeConte (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) >125 yr ago, very little information has been published on its biology, taxonomy, or distribution. We conducted studies in southern Alberta, Canada, to investigate aspects of its life history and host plant feeding preferences. Preimaginal life stages of C. subpubescens were described for the first time, and da ...
- Rull, Juan; Aluja, Martin; Feder, Jeffrey L.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2011 v.104 no.2 pp. 202-211
- univoltine habit, etc ; Diachasmimorpha; Prunus serotina; Rhagoletis cingulata; adults; host plants; larvae; parasitism; parasitoids; phylogeography; pupae; surveys; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... To better understand the phylogeography of Rhagoletis flies in the cingulata species group, we conducted a seven year host plant survey in México, behavioral observations, and studies on the basic biology of these tephritids. The survey revealed the existence of two geographically isolated Rhagoletis cingulata (Loew) populations in México. The first population was found to be restricted to Prunus ...