Jump to Main Content
- Dietrich, Christopher H, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2018 v.111 no.2 pp. 68-72
- Bayesian theory; Cicadellidae; data collection; genes; grasslands; histones; mitochondrial DNA; monophyly; nucleotide sequences; ribosomal DNA; statistical analysis
- ... The phylogenetic status and relationships of the globally distributed grassland leafhopper tribe Hecalini were explored by analyzing a DNA sequence dataset comprising three gene regions (nuclear 28S rDNA, histone H3, 12S mtDNA) for 14 genera and 29 species plus 9 outgroups. Bayesian, maximum likelihood, and maximum parsimony analyses recovered similar trees and supported the monophyly of Hecalini ...
- Dietrich, Christopher H., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2011 v.104 no.4 pp. 636-638
- Cicadellidae; Hemiptera; arthropods; biodiversity; genitalia; indigenous species; inventories; males; new species; Madagascar; Seychelles
- ... The leafhopper subfamily Mileewinae was previously known in Madagascar from a single species, Ujna flavidipes Distant, also recorded from Seychelles. Study of samples from a recently completed Arthropod biodiversity inventory in Madagascar revealed seven new, apparently endemic species distinguishable based on external and genitalia characters and all referable to the genus Ujna Distant based on t ...